Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bravo! OTTO.

A respectable teacher, but more than just that, a courageous person to openly disclose his gay status. I am touch and really admire his courage when I read this open letter, but at the same time, I am also worried for his career.

Our society may not be very forgiving at times; in fact, I would have felt uneasy if my children’s teacher belongs to these groups of brothers or sisters, until lately. I get to know this someone which gives me a chance to know, to understand and to accept them as friends, as part of our community. I used to have these classmates, though kept very low profile, was always targeted by some notorious boys who will never give up any chance to create jokes at their expense. Most others would just stand around and watch, afraid of being tag as a gay if we stand on the “wrong” side. I could feel their miseries since I was once a target of bullies due to my size, I didn’t understand them but I felt sorry for them.

Anyway, I do believe that all human are equal, so best wishes to you, Mr Fong.

No comments: