Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Is Your Gas Tank On The Left Or Right?

When I had a replacement car for my accident weeks ago, I drove into the gas station parking on the wrong side of the pump, this happen to me when I brought my car few years back. In fact, it happens to many drivers, especially when they are new to the car. So hoe do one know which side is our gas tank? One of the ways is to actually wind down your windows and stick your head out to check, but that can be dangerous on the road.

And this is what I found.



When you look at your gas gauge on your dashboard, you will see a small icon of a gas pump right below the gauge. The handle of the gas pump will either be on the left or right side of the pump. When your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left, and when your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right.

Interesting right?

1 comment:

B Mathew said...

Actually, this is not always true. The gas gauge icon is only reliable if there is an arrow pointing to the direction of the tank. Not all cars have the arrow.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fuel-tank-filler-icon-secret.shtml